In partnership with Seafarers UK, Relate is offering up to six free relationship counselling sessions for seafarers and their families.
Relate is the leading relationships charity offering a range of services across England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland to support all relationships. Whether issues are long-standing or Covid-19 related; from loneliness to lockdown related tensions, rows and arguments to affairs and separation, Relate are there to help the seafaring community.
Who is eligible to receive free counselling?
· Current serving and ex-fishing fleet, merchant navy, partners and dependants
What is available?
· Relationship Counselling for couples/individuals/singles – up to 6 sessions
· Family Counselling – up to 6 sessions
· Young People’s counselling – up to 6 sessions (During Covid-19 restrictions we cannot provide counselling to children 10 and under)
· Sex Therapy – up to 12 sessions
Where is it available?
· UK wide
· Initially (during Covid-19 restrictions) delivered by webcam, telephone, Live Chat
· Available face to face as well once it is safe to do so
How do I sign up?
If you have any queries about the services available or are unsure whether Relate is the best option for your specific concern, please get in touch via either of the email addresses above.