The Fishermen’s Mission has teamed up with Vision Express to bring you the ‘SightFit’ project, which offers free eye tests and discounts on glasses for fishermen who would normally have to pay for an eye test. Vision Express stores are now open and taking eye test bookings, which will be carried out under the cleanliest hygiene standards.
To Claim a Voucher:
- Request a voucher from either Carol Elliott or Sophie Davies by giving us the fisherman’s first and last name, and date of birth.
- We will authorise the voucher, then email it to you to print and give to the fisherman.
- If they have an email address, we can send it directly to them.
- Vouchers will not be accepted if they are not signed by either Carol or Sophie.
To Book Eye Test:
- Fisherman to book a test at any local Vision Express store.
- Hand in the voucher when they arrive for their appointment.
- If glasses required, up to £45 discount is applied, anything over that amount the fisherman must pay for himself.
- There is a £39 range if glasses chosen from this range there is nothing further to pay. No change is given.
Voucher Terms & Conditions:
• You must contact a Vision Express store to arrange your Eye Test prior to
your visit. Date and time subject to store availability
• Voucher valid in any Vision Express store. Excludes R.O.I. and designer
• Voucher must be presented prior to your Eye Test. DRP and visual field test
is subject to availability
• Glasses must be purchased at same store as Eye Test within 4 weeks
• This voucher is non refundable and no change will be given
• Can be used in conjunction with complete pricing
• Not valid in conjunction with any other offer, discount or promotion
• Voucher valid until expiry date shown
• Can use discount with, or choose from, £39 range.
GDPR Compliance and Privacy Statement:
Vision Express will not provide personal data to third parties unless they have consent of the individual or we have a legal obligation eg to law enforcement. https://www.visionexpress.com/customer-services/legal-notices/privacy-statement/
Free NHS Eye Tests:
Fishermen who qualify for free NHS eye tests should not be given a voucher. You’re entitled to a free NHS sight test if you:
- are under 16
- are 16, 17 or 18 and in full-time education
- are 60 or over
- are registered as partially sighted or blind
- have been diagnosed with diabetes or glaucoma
- are 40 or over and your mother, father, sibling or child has been diagnosed with glaucoma
- have been advised by an eye doctor (ophthalmologist) that you’re at risk of glaucoma
- are a prisoner on leave from prison
- are eligible for an NHS complex lens voucher – your optician can advise you about your entitlement
- You’re also entitled if you or your partner – including civil partner – receive, or you’re under the age of 20 and the dependant of someone receiving:
- Income Support
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Pension Credit Guarantee Credit
- Universal Credit and meet the criteria
- If you’re entitled to or named on:
- a valid NHS tax credit exemption certificate (if you do not have a certificate, you can show your award notice), you qualify if you get Child Tax Credits, Working Tax Credits with a disability element (or both), and have income for tax credit purposes of £15,276 or less
- a valid NHS certificate for full help with health costs (HC2)
- People named on an NHS certificate for partial help with health costs (HC3) may also get help with the cost of a private sight test.